Whether you’re using your .WS domain for the GDI opportunity or to grow and support your own business, keywords are important. When done right, keywords help to drive people to your website and attract your target demographic. To get the most out of keywords, follow the steps below.
Identify Your Target Audience
What do you use your website for? Are you selling a specific product? Who would be interested in buying this product? How will they find your site? These are questions to ask yourself as you work to identify your website’s target audience. The target audience is who is most likely to benefit from your site and convert to a paying customer. Once you know your target audience, think of what keywords would drive them to your site. Make a list of all your ideas.
Use a Keyword Tool
Take your list of keyword ideas and plug them into a keyword tool, like those available in WordPress, to get suggestions you may not have thought of. Now you should have a short list of keywords you want to use on your website to drive traffic.
Use these keywords in blog posts, static content on your website and in tags on site like YouTube. Thse keywords will help to bump you up in search results and drive targeted traffic to your website. Consistency will help to get more eyes on your site for the long haul.
My site is up, what do I do next to make money? That’s simple, you need to drive traffic to your site. However, actually getting that traffic sometimes isn’t so simple. Here are a few quick ways to drive people to your site and encourage them to reach out to you.
Create content that is worth coming back for. This means videos, educational posts and personal experience.
- Add a tool that easily allows visitors to share content. This way they can drive new visitors to your site. ShareThis is a great option for this.
- Use an analytics plugin or GDI Hit Logs to see who is coming to your website and from where. Google Analytics is a great free tool.
- One you figure out who is visiting your site, create content to cater to those who you find are visiting your site.
- Update often. If you’re using a blog this is easy. For a static WebSite, make sure the content you have isn’t outdated.
- Comment and link share. Comment on other blogs in your niche and ones you like. This will link back to your site or blog giving you much valued backlinks. Learn more about backlinks.
- Have a contact form. This allow people to reach out to you and share ideas and comments on your site. SiteBuilder makes it easy to add contact forms and WordPress offers a few plugins to create one.
- Include your website in signatures and profiles. Put your .WS link wherever you can, like your Facebook profile, email signature, and of course business cards.
- Showcase others. Showcase team members to take advantage of some of their traffic and share the wealth.
What traffic driving tips do you have? Share in the comments.
Whether you have a SiteBuilder site, a WordPress blog or a fully personalized hosted site, traffic should be one of your goals. Traffic and return traffic mean more eyes on your site that will help you build your business, support your cause of just share your thoughts. So how do you get traffic to keep coming back? Simple, keep your site interesting! Here are a few easy tips to accomplish just that.
Use Different Types of Content
No matter the type of site you have, breaking up the forms of content you share is essential. This means sharing a video on your blog sometimes instead of just text. It’s also smart to include photos and images on your main site to break up text and draw eyes around the page.
Appeal to a Broad Audience
When creating content for your website, try to appeal to a broad set of viewers most of the time. This means your content will be relevant to a large group of people who may visit your site. An example of this is a post or page on earning extra income for anyone on a tight budget.
Appeal to a Niche
While you should appeal to the broad audience most of the time, writing for a niche every now and then is a good idea too. Take stock of search terms that lead people to your site, or which posts are most popular. Create posts or pages specifically for these people; for example, stay at home moms looking for extra income. This targeting will help to build loyal visitors from a specific segment.
Stay on Trend
What is your website about? Your personal business? You affiliate team? Your causes? No matter you site’s topic, be sure to stay on trend and up to the minute with news related to your topic. Do this by sharing news stories about your industry or just using best practices for affiliate marketing. Set a Google Alert for any news that might be relevant to your site and share it for an easy update or post.