Thanks to our affiliate, Jim W. for tweeting us and reminding us the power of one.
The Power of One
With a downline system creating income, it can be easy forget the importance of individual members and focus solely on creating a huge team. The problem with looking at affiliate networking like this is that you can lose sight of the process. While a huge team is a worth goal, you still need to build that team one by one. Each time you add a new team member celebrate this landmark and respect your growth. Many of affiliates echo that they didn’t start out adding several new team members per day, week or even month. Instead they built their business person by person. Remember the power of one when you get discouraged. All it takes is one person at a time to propel you towards your goal.
Your goals should also respect one by one growth building on each past achievement. One way to achieve this is by setting SMART goals. SMART stands for specific, measurable, attainable, realistic, and timely goals. To achieve all aspects of SMART goals:
- Select goals that are specific to what you wish to achieve. Rather than set the goal “make more money” set a specific goal of “generate 3 sign ups per week.”
- Set goals that you can measure easily and compare to past goals.
- Set goals that you can reach with hard work.
- Set bigger goals that are still realistic.
- Set goals that you can do with the time you have in the time frame you have.
Goals and growth in affiliate marketing can be achieved when you build your team one by one.